Friday, June 27, 2014

Pushing For Progress

No running today, but I definitely got a workout as I push mowed the yard again. Admittedly last time, I'm not sure how much it really helped, in large part due to the hour break for lunch. But this time I mowed two hours straight and definitely felt it afterward.

Through fairly thick grass (not necessarily deep, but just hard to push through) and some minor hills, I pushed, pulled and drug my mower until I was finally done. I definitely mowed at a slightly quicker pace than last time as well, due to the impending rain. That pace is probably the biggest reason I found my legs a little more sore than usuall this afternoon.

While I didn't make it to the track today, I should have time tomorrow. My anticipation of the Big Dawg Dare has now gone from dread to excitement. I know full well that I will probably finish closer to the bottom than the top, but the sense of accomplishment is going to far outweigh any disappointment in my time. Can't wait.

Days til the Dare: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment